Got a question?
1. First, check out our Getting Started FAQs below.
2. Still have a question? Check out the Hubscope knowledge base
3. Need more help? Contact us via one of the channels at the bottom of this page
How long does it take to learn how to use Hubscope?
Learning how to use new software can take some time.
We like to think that Hubscope is pretty easy to pick up when it comes to learning the basic features.
We’ve created a series of micro-tutorials which should take you about an hour to complete: http://help.hubscope.com/category/6-micro-tutorials—getting-started
There are also some examples provided with Hubscope to give you some ideas for how it can be used.
Can I be sure our data is secure?
Yes. All Hubscope payment and subscription data is managed by Chargify who are PCI Service Provider Level 1 compliant.
We do not have access to the confidential payment information that you store with Chargify.
Any data that you create in Hubscope cannot be accessed or seen by us. It is stored in Excel files either locally on your machine or in a file share that you have access to. You are responsible for managing the security of the data you create when managing Hubscope.
You’re only a small company. Can I be sure that your product is stable and reliable?
Yes, we are only a small company but Hubscope is built upon a visualisation platform developed by an American company Tom Sawyer Software.
They have been around for over 20 years and have an impressive list of large clients such as BP, Cisco, HP, IBM, Lockeheed Martin and NASA.
Can the software adapt to our growing needs?
Yes, features such as filtering and clustering help with managing larger and more complex data sets. Hubscope works well with hundreds of different entities and relationships.
Tag-to-top helps you with presenting a visualisation focussed on the interests of a particular stakeholder.
We’re also here to help with tips and suggestions for how to get the best out of Hubscope. Have a look at the Hints and Tips section in our Knowledge base and feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions or requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
How does the free trial work?
The free trial is a one month evaluation of the full version of Hubscope. You can sign up without needing to enter any payment details. Towards the end of the month you’ll be asked to enter your credit card details for the monthly subscription so that you can continue using Hubscope.
Alternatively, you can choose not to pay and stop using Hubscope for no charge.
Why should I pay more for Hubscope than Visio?
In some ways Visio and Hubscope are comparable – they’re both drawing packages and they’re both used by business analysts and solution architects. But Hubscope costs around $300 per month and Visio around $20 per month. What’s that all about?
Well, basically you’re comparing apples with oranges. :
- Visio is a free-form drawing package. It does what it does reasonably well so it continues to be popular but at times it is also incredibly frustrating. It can be used for creating flow charts, process maps, org charts, IT architecture, etc. It provides lots of different templates and flexibility in the kinds of diagrams that you can create. It is also difficult to use and confusing for people who don’t use it regularly. It’s a huge time sink when you get consumed by tinkering as you try to get a diagram just right only to be then told that you need to change something.
- Hubscope is not a free-form drawing package. It constrains the kinds of things you can draw and how you can draw them so as to facilitate better communication between different kinds of users. It’s strength is in its simplicity. Anybody and everybody can use it and yet it is also very powerful. Data is stored in Excel so it is readily accessible and can be repuporsed and re-used in whatever way you choose. Treating shapes as data rather than pictures means that you can do some sophisticated visual analysis such as filtering or clustering. This is not possible in Visio. Intelligent autolayout features also mean that you don’t waste time making your diagrams look pretty. Hubscope will do that for you and present the data in over-lapping, interconnected perspectives.
Can I cancel if I don’t need it any longer?
Yes, you can cancel your subscription at any time via your billing portal: https://www.billingportal.com/s/hubscope/login/password
You will be able to use Hubscope until the end of the current month and then no further payments will be taken.
Do you give refunds?
Do you offer a referrals scheme?
No, we don’t. Currently there is no referral scheme but this is something that we will continue to actively consider.
If you have a good proposition for us then get in touch at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you.
What do I need to run Hubscope?
Hubscope is a Java based program so runs on most Windows computers. You will need to have Java Runtime Enivronment version 1.7 or higher for it to work. Most computers will have this already installed as it is used by many different applications.
You can download version 1.8 here.
Why does Hubscope save to a spreadsheet?
Hubscope stores data as an Excel workbook with the file extension xlsx.
Excel is an application that most people have and it is very powerful and flexible. Excel was the simplest way that we could store data in a way that could easily be accessed, shared and manipulated by the largest possible number of people. We didn’t want to use proprietory databases that people would find difficult to access and use.
Note that you don’t need to have Excel installed on your machine to be able to use Hubscope.
Does Hubscope work with other spreadsheet applications?
Yes, you can look at the Hubscope data file by opening it in Excel or you can import it into other spreadsheet applications such as Google Sheets or OpenOffice Calc.
Do I need to be connected to the internet to use Hubscope?
You need to be connected to the internet when you first download and install Hubscope as it connects to a license server to check that you have a valid license for using Hubscope.
It then connects to the internet at periodically intervals to check that your license is valid.
Apart from these times, you can use Hubscope without an internet connection.
Can Hubscope run on Linux or Macs?
Windows = Yes
Linux = Yes
Mac = Not yet. It will be available very shortly for macs.